Tuesday, August 27, 2024

A grand dump of bathroom pictures! (Part 1)

The summer totally got away from me with more travel than usual, longer periods away from home than usual, and just more chaos than normal.
But the bathroom! Oh the bathroom! 

When last I left you, we were still gutting and discovering things in the wall (which, turns out, weren't even really doing anything.) 

In June they started working on the exterior to straighten out this wonky roof.

Stripped off the aluminum and vinyl to get to what they needed to see.

(A lot of old paint.)

They got the sewer pipe cut and capped temporarily.

We all stared at the (lack of) supports in amazement.

New water lines were run!

I realized I needed to keep the cat out from underfoot, and I was going to be going away for a week and change. She couldn't live in one tiny room the whole time, so I relocated the kitchen/dining room door to be the dining room/hallway door. This gave Chandos the office, hallway and living room to wander around in safely.

I was pretty pleased at how fast I got this sucker moved.

It even hangs nice!

I didn't have a spare functioning Norfolk Latch Keeper.
So I made one out of a piece of copper pipe.

Da Ta! Latch keeper. (Door to be refinished eventually.)

Once that was completed, I flew to Cleveland, met up with my best friend and her sister in law, and we proceeded to drive to Montana and back.


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment